October 4th will be the start the Fall 2010 Restaurant Week for Western New York and we are incredibly excited. Twice a year (once in the Spring and once in the Fall) we completely go wild and try to take advantage of Restaurant Week as much as possible. So this year we’ve started doing our game planning and figuring out which restaurants we can visit this year. Restaurant Week has basically turned into our Black Friday, it’s our busiest time of the year. So this year we’re taking it seriously, I went through every restaurant that was featured on Local Restaurant Week’s website and looked at their offers.
After going through the 150+ restaurants I came up with some of the best offers. I broke them up into 3 categories: Deals for Two, Bang for Buck, and Living It Up! Check out what I thought deserved to be considered for next week (Restaurant Week runs from Oct 4th to the 10th):
Deals for Two: $20.10 for two people, these are some of the better Lunch and Dinner offerings.
- Al-E-Oops: Dinner for two, a good amount of BBQ dinner entrees
- Arriba Tortilla: Dinner for two, good Mexican in the village of East Aurora
- Bistro at the Old Fort Inn: Dinner for two, 2 dinner entrees and 2 soups/salads
- Buffalo Brewpub: Chicken Wings/Burgers and a glass of beer, per person
- Como Restaurant: Great deal for lunch, sandwiches, side, drinks, cannoli’s
- DeFlippo’s: Located in Lockport, dinner for 2 – soups/salads/chicken parm/side per person.
- Gramma Mora’s: Diner for 2 contains- dip, 2 entrees, several sides to share
- HD Vide Cafe: Drink + salad + entree per person
- Hoak’s: Great lunch for 2 and dinner for 2 specials, right on the Lake Erie.
- Merge: Only offering a lunch option with an appetizer and sandwich for each person.
- O’Brien’s Pub: If you’re looking to take a trip to Eden, they have a great deal
- Pizza Plant: Two pizza pods, 2 drinks and 2 salads for 20 bucks
- Pour Boyz Grill: Located in Lockport, for lunch 2 sandwiches and sides or 2 steaks.
- The Place: Last March this was one of our favorite meals, highly recommended.
- Wagner’s: Offering both a lunch for 2 and a dinner for 2.
Bang for Buck: With these deals you’ll get a fantastic amount of food for $20.10
- Bijou Grille: Very cool main street location, wine/appetizer + salad/soup + entree + dessert
- Blue Buffalo: New restaurant but unique menu items and 3 courses.
- Bravo Cafe: Located in Elma, for each person you get: appetizer, drink, soup/salad, entree & dessert for 20.10 total!
- Cammarata’s: Located in Lockport, each person gets an appetizer, entree, salad, potato, garlic bread
- D’Arcy McGee’s: Appetizer, food, dessert + pint of Guinness per person
- Encore: very hip location on Pearl St., offering wine, soup/salad, entree, dessert
- Fuji Grill II: Hibachi style Japanese restaurant, up to 5 menu items per person
- La Castelana: Italian restaurant in Depew, 4 course meal and drink per person
- Marotto’s: Their one 20.10 dinner option has 6 items, some great European dishes.
- Riverstone Grill: Recently featured on Man vs. Food, they offer a full meal with drink.
- Sea Bar: Their Surfboard has 5 different types of sushi
- Taboo: They are offering soup, salad, entree, 2 sides and a drink per person.
Living it Up!: These restaurants would normally be too expensive for people like myself, but during Restaurant Week it’s more affordable.
- Buffalo Chophouse: One of the best meals I’ve ever had, small menu but amazing food
- E.B. Green’s: Oldest steak houses in Buffalo, excellent quality.
- The Friar’s Table: Offering an entree, side, salad and dessert per person
- Kennedy’s Cove: Located in Clarence, a great steakhouse
- Mangia Ristoranta: Located in OP, they have some great authentic Italian food
- Oliver’s Restaurant: One of Buffalo finest restaurants, delicious menu options
- Protocol: It’s a limited menu but they are known for a high quality of their food.
- Scarlet: In Allentown, each person gets a salad, appetizer and dinner entree.
By no means does that mean we think all of the other restaurants suck, quite the contrary. If you see something on the Restaurant Week list and have always been dying to try it out, now is your time! If you want some more info, check out our former Restaurant Week visits. Most of the restaurants are participating again this year, but I suggest you double check their website to make sure.