Every Sunday we’ll post some of our favorite national and local news stories from the food world.
Have a suggestion for an article/item? Feel free to email us at email@example.com or tweet us @buffaloeats.
Want to catch up on some of our past Sunday Reading articles? Click here for our archives.
- The Buffalo Cakery will be coming to Allentown in the old Sweet Tooth building [Hungry For More]
- Andrew Galarneau tries out Pizza Amore at First Niagara Center [Hungry For More]
- City Grill closes their doors [The Buffalo News]
- Encore releases a new video series showing off their food and cocktails [Buffalo.com]
- Support the Farmer Pirates Compost Program on kickstarter [Kickstarter]
- Great Chicken Wing Hunt coming to a theater near you? [Kickstarter]
- Lake Effect opens their doors in Lockport on May 5th, here’s their sundae menu [Facebook]
- Rene Redzepi’s Noma wins best restaurant in the world for a 3rd year in a row [The World's 50 Best]
- Michael Jackson is coming back to advertise Pepsi [Hyper Vocal]
- Fig Newtons are just called Newtons now, because the name was the problem [NY Times]
- The History of Ketchup is actually more entertaining then you’d think [Gizmodo]
- Yes there is an Asparagus festival that exists, except this year because it was cancelled [The Independent]
- Coming soon.. the Hot Doug’s cookbook, but he needs your help! [Facebook]
- The Modernist Cuisine probably won’t be lowering it’s price any time soon, has made $20 million to date [Wall Street Journal]
- 17 Year old steals Guy Fieri’s Lamborghini, then tries to kill people [Eater]
- Wolfgang Puck sports California’s fois gras ban, still sells it to his customers [Inside Scoop SF]