On Tuesday September 11st, Gordon Biersch (located in the Galleria Mall) will be hosting a special tapping event to debut their limited edition FestBier. From 6 to 8:30 pm there will be a public party where attendees can taste the FestBier and sample some of the fall menu items that will be available until October 21st. The menu will reflect the German tradition of Oktoberfest and will offer Bavarian Pretzels, Various Sausages and more. Normally we don’t recommend chain restaurants, but we had a good meal at Gordon Biersch and really enjoyed their beer, so we think this could be a fun event and worth attending.
Here’s the full press release from Gordon Biersch:
Gordon Biersch Buffalo Restaurant Celebrates Oktoberfest with Fall Menu and FestBier Lager
Restaurant introduces seasonal menu and will host beer tapping party to celebrate launch
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (September 7, 2012) – With the start of autumn comes festivals to highlight the season, and Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant is getting into Oktoberfest with a special menu featuring fall flavors and their limited edition FestBier lager starting on September 11.
To introduce the seasonal celebration, Gordon Biersch locations nationwide will be hosting tapping parties for FestBier lager. The parties are open to the public and attendees can taste the beer plus sample the new seasonal menu items. The Cheektowaga location on Galleria Drive will hold the tapping party on Tuesday, Sept. 11, from 6-8:30pm.
Through October 21, diners can enjoy a special menu featuring dishes and libations influenced by the harvest season and the German tradition of Oktoberfest. Appetizers include German Pretzels with beer mustards and a FestBier Combo consisting of grilled bratwurst, knackwurst, Hungarian sausages, garlic fries and a soft pretzel with beer mustards. Eight fall-inspired entrées are part of the FestBier celebration:
- German Sausage Platter with sauerkraut-mashed potatoes and braised red cabbage
- German Kobe Burger on a pretzel bun with Swiss cheese, caramelized onions, Dijon mustard and sauerkraut accompanied by garlic fries
- Harvest Chicken Salad including granny smith apples, dried cranberries, toasted pecans and red grapes tossed in a creamy herb dressing finished with bleu cheese crumbles
- Braised Beef Short Ribs finished with hoisin, soy and garlic glaze served over garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables
- Brewhouse Chicken complemented by housemade Czech pilsner gravy with garlic mashed potatoes and topped with fried onion strings
- Festbier Filet accompanied by bleu cheese butter and served with garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables
- BBQ Pork Chops brushed with soy-chili glaze, topped with marinated shiitake mushrooms and finished with a lime-infused soy butter sauce; served with garlic mashed potatoes and pickled cucumbers
- Veal Meatloaf with slow-roasted veal and wild mushrooms.
For dessert, Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie atop an Oreo crust rounds out the FestBier seasonal menu. Two specialty cocktails are available to toast the harvest: the Salted Caramel Appletini featuring Stoli Salted Karamel Vodka served with caramel and an apple slice garnish and an Apple Bourbon Mojito with DeKuyperApple and Maker’s Mark bourbon muddled with fresh mint and lime then topped with ginger ale.
Gordon Biersch’s FestBier pays homage to the flavors served during Oktoberfest. This amber lager has a slightly sweet toasted maltiness which is balanced by spicy German Hersbrucker hops. FestBier is available only for a limited time during the seasonal celebration.
Gordon Biersch is an upscale casual brewery restaurant known for award-winning, handcrafted beers. Gordon Biersch features a fresh, made-from-scratch California-inspired menu that can be found in 20 states across the country and the District of Columbia. For more information, please visit www.gordonbierschrestaurants.com.