This week Frank Gourmet Hot Dogs and The Black Market Food Truck will officially be joining Buffalo’s growing food truck scene. Yesterday, Frank made their first public appearance serving lunch at the First Niagara Center and tonight The Black Market Food Truck will be in front of Acropolis (on Elmwood) at 11pm serving the late night crowds. Saturday night both trucks will be out, Black Market will be in front of Vera Pizzeria on Lexington (where they’ll be every Saturday) and Frank will be in front of Cecelia’s on Elmwood.
Ben Tsujimoto and some of the Buffalo.com crew visited Franks on their first day and managed to sample six of their hot dogs, ranked their favorites and even took some pictures. We’re hoping to get the Tripi brothers into the Buffalo Eats studio soon, but in the meantime, here’s what you need to know: they’re serving Sahlen’s hot dogs and homemade veggie dogs, they cost between $3-5, they also serve (Belgian style) french fries with dipping sauces.
Here’s their hot dog menu:
If you’d like to know more about The Black Market Food Truck, you can check out our talk with Mike and Christian on this week’s Eat It Up episode. They touched on the some of the things they’d like to do with their menu, but here’s exactly what you’ll be able to find on the truck tonight (we are VERY excited to try them out):
- Pork Belly Banh Mi (you can watch a video with Mike and Christian on Wingin’ It here, making the sandwich)
- Curry Chicken Salad (on ghee grilled ciabatta)
- Chipotle Bacon and Shrimp Salad (with apple-ginger ale slaw in a toasted pocket pita)
- Black Market Potato Salad (roasted baby reds, caramelized onion, roasted pickled peppers, bacon and egg in Dijon creme fraiche)
- Buffalo Chicken Arancini
- Sweet Potato Corn Chowder
- Drinks: Carrot/Orange/Ginger Juice, Johnnie Ryan Cola, Water